So what does it cost
Aside from the time taken to fix the problem there are 3 factors to consider;
- Do you want me to come out to your home or office (& pay a little extra for the convenience)?
- Are you willing to drop the computer off to me - save some money
- Are you in a rush to get it done.
So why the call out fee?
Well, i could just 'hike the price' to cover my costs & say 'no call out fee' but i try to offer the best service i can for the best
price i can.
Ignoring the cost of running a van (which IS substantial) when i go out on jobs i incur travel time for which i am not paid (this usually ends
up being 30 to 60 minutes round trip). To offset this loss i charge a call out fee, which INCLUDES the first 1/2 hour (unlike my plumber who charges for the call
out AND all the time).
However I also offer the facility to have my customers drop their PCs off at a time that suits us both, which saves them money
(& me time).
Some people just prefer the convenience & have me visit them every time they have an issue, others especially laptop users who live
locally prefer the drop off service. If a job is involved or you cannot be without your work computer during the day we can make arrangements for me to do the job
- No fix , no fee (conditions apply*)
- Call-out (Byron Shire) $88 - This includes the first 1/2 hr.
- Call-out (Other areas) Service is still available for a little extra to cover the travel time .. ask for a quote
- Hourly Rate We charge $99 per Hour (1/4 hour blocks) as our standard rate for time spent beyond the initial 1/2 hour call-out.
- After Hours Work CAN be done after normal working hours by prior arrangement & is charged at time & a half
- Tuition Tuition is charged at a straight $88 per hour. However this means that 'you drive' ... we can tell you what
& how to do it, but you do the work (I have found that this is by far the best way to learn).
- Configuration We can hook up you TV &/or Hi-fi, set up dual monitors, multiple partitions, multiple computers running off a single monitor,
keyboard & mouse install Linux & Windows© on the same machine, the list is endless.
- Backup strategy Do you have a Backup strategy? If your computer hard drive died today how much essential material would you loose? - Tax
documents, Pictures, Music, letters work. There are many ways to insure this NEVER happens & the process can be easily automated.
- Software advice Whats essential, whats cool, what shouldn't you let anywhere near your computer ?
- Internet Wired & wireless Network setup. Can't get conventional Broadband where you live? - give me i call ... i know a man who can (probably)
- Secure Network setup Did you set up you network yourself, did you do it properly or did you just plug it in & use it ? ... can people use your
Internet connection without your permission?
- Linux Demo see Linux running on you own computer (doesn't need to be installed).
- Consultation do you need to buy computers or other hardware elsewhere but need professional advice? Not a problem, you pay for my time & you
get my advice it's often better not to rely on a salesman to recommend a product, assuming he is honest & not pushing whatever offers the best markup, how deep is
his knowledge of that specific field?
- Pricing Pricing may be subject to change without prior notice, please always ask for a quote.
- * 'No Fix , No Fee' applies if we CANNOT fix your computer, NOT when you choose not to have it repaired because it would be too
expensive. Most of the cheap laptops currently available are not economically repairable except in relation to minor faults - in such a case you would
be charged for at least some of the time spent examining it.